It’s “Time With Our Favorite Stars” and we catch up with Ghanaian sensational musician, Phada Wan!
Emmanuel Kumai Agyei, better known as Phada Wan, is a Ghanaian sensational songwriter and afrobeats musician . He is best known for his hit Maabena song.
- Name the first thing that comes to mind when you think of music?
The first that comes into my mind is love when I think of music
2. What’s your first memory of being intrigued by music?
My first intriguing memory is how my friends and family react when I sing and everything I do concerning music.
3. How old were you when you knew you wanted to start music?
I was around 17 years when the feeling was too much to bare than just to start singing.
4. Where did your music career begin?
It began when I completed Senior High School.
5. What’s it like being a rising musician in Ghana?
It’s very difficult due to the huge amount of money the rising artist would be asked to pay for promotion of his or her music in addition some promotion centers want a song recorded from big recording studios which is very bad.
6. What’s the biggest lessons you have learnt on your music journey?
I have learnt that nothing good comes easy and early – so patience, smart work and consistent is the key.
7. What’s your fondest memory in music?
My fondest memory is the first time I stepped in a recording studio, it was amazing.
8. If you could give a message to yourself 10 years ago, knowing what you know today, what would the message be?
The message would be perusing music won’t be easy you have to always be strong and never give up because there will be a lot of challenges on your way up.
9. Where do you think the future of music is going?
I think with determination and hard work, it’s going up and up – all the way up!
10. What 5 tips can you give to aspiring musicians?
- Never give up
- Always hard work
- Give it your best
- prayer is the key
- and Believe in yourself