All major OS has their distinctive ways to help you take screenshots natively on your system. With Windows, macOS and Chrome OS, you can always save the content on your screen for future purpose regardless of the make and model of your device.
The use of shortcuts can easily help you get screen grabbed on your laptop. Besides, you can always crop your shots, removed an unwanted part and share directly over email and other apps.
Apart from native OS, some third-party apps will also help you take and edit a screenshot. Although, there is absolutely no need for one if you know your PC’s operating system so well.
Here, you will be guided on how to take a screenshot on your non-windows laptop including MacBook and Chromebook.
How to take a screenshot on a MacBook or any Mac PC
Although Mac systems don’t come with a preloaded app for taking screenshots like on Windows, there is a native way to take a screenshot on MacBook and other Mac computers have provided by Apple. To do that, you are required to follow the steps below.
- While on your MacBook, Press and hold Shift + Command + 3 to take a screenshot of the entire PC screen. You will notice that a thumbnail has appeared in the corner of your screen as a confirmation that a screenshot has been captured.
- Next, to edit the screenshot, click on preview. You can just skip this step if you do not want to edit and let it save directly to your desktop.
- Alternatively, you can press and hold Shift + Command + 4 to capture part of the screen only. A crosshair pointer will appear and you can drag it to select the part of the screen you want to capture. You can also press the Space bar while dragging to move the selection and cancel using the Esc.
- To take a screenshot of a window or a menu on Mac, press and hold Shift + Command + 4 + Space bar
Screenshots are saved on macOS directly to your desktop by default but can be changed from the Options menu in the Screenshot app.
How to take a screenshot on a Chromebook
You can also use shortcuts to take a screenshot on Google’s Chrome OS Chromebook.
- To take a screenshot of the full screen, simply press Ctrl + Show Windows. A screenshot of the part of the screen can be made by pressing Shift + Ctrl + Show Windows Further, click and drag the area you want to be captured.
- The screenshot on Chrome OS in tablets works similar to Android. You can simply capture screenshots by holding the Power and Volume down buttons at once. Captured screenshots are copied to the clipboard can be pasted to an app where they can be saved.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
CLICK HERE TO JOIN WHATSAPP GROUP
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED