Applications are open for the Google Europe Scholarship 2022-2023. The scholarships are offered for students with liabilities pursuing undergraduate or master’s degree programs or wish to study. Google’s education and scholarship programs are designed to inspire and assist students in becoming future leaders in computing and technology by removing obstacles.
Google worked with employability, a nonprofit organization that supports students with disabilities as they pursue education and potential professions, as part of our commitment to helping students with disabilities to work toward their academic goals in the field of computer science. Google will provide EUR 7,000 (or local equivalent) scholarships for European students and students studying in Europe.
It is a good opportunity for all students with disabilities studying in Europe or residing in Europe and wish to pursue higher education. This scholarship will help to empower disabled students to continue education in the field of computer science and pave a path to success.
Who can apply?
To be eligible to apply, applicants must:
- Have, or consider themselves to have, a visible or invisible disability (see EmployAbility’s approach to disability here)
- Be currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student at a university for the 2021-2022 academic year
- Intend to be enrolled in or accepted as a student in a Bachelors, Masters, or PhD program at an accredited university in Europe or Israel for the 2022-2023 academic year
- Be studying computer science, computer engineering, informatics, or a closely related technical field
- Demonstrate a strong academic record
- Exemplify leadership and demonstrate a passion for computer science and technology
Here are more details about the Google Europe Scholarship 2022-2023
- Deadline to apply: December 31, 2021 at 11:59 PM GMT
Here are the benefits of the Google Europe scholarship:
- Students will receive a stipend of 7,000 EUR for 2022-2023.
- The scholarship amount will be awarded for tuition, fees, books, supplies and equipment required for the disabled students’ classes at their university.
- Students with a disability will be able to overcome the employment hurdles in computing and technology.
- They can also become part of EmployAbility, where they can get solutions related to the disability-inclusive workplace.
You will be asked to complete an online application which includes:
- General background information (e.g. contact information and details about your current and intended universities)
- Academic transcripts from your current and prior institutions (if you have earned a prior degree)
- One letter of reference from a professor, instructor, adviser or supervisor
- Responses to three short essay questions
- Recipients will be selected based on the overall strength of their essays and application materials compared to the entire applicant pool or respective peers (e.g. Bachelors students compared to other Bachelors students).
How to Apply for the Google Europe Scholarship 2022-2023:
- Students must fill out an online application that includes all the required documents.
- Students will be selected based on the overall quality of their essays and application materials compared to the total candidate pool or their peers (e.g. Bachelors’s students compared to other Bachelors’s students).
- Make sure to submit the online application for the Google Europe scholarship before the deadline ends.