Frequently asked questions about eFundi
What do I need to be able to use eFundi?
1. Access to the Internet (in the event of a cell phone or router, you will need airtime or data).
2. A web browser (this is the software on the computer, laptop, cell phone that is needed to visit the Internet).
Use Mozilla Firefox Google Chrome or Safari. Do not use Internet Explorer.
Can I access eFundi on my smartphone?
Yes, you can. Although due to the small screen size many of the study material or learning activities will be difficult to view. It is suggested that you access eFundi via a tablet (such as an iPad or Samsung Galaxy tablet), laptop, or desktop computer.
What is efundi cas?
eFundi CAS is a private network of the North-West University in South Africa. CAS stands for Central Authentication Service.
How do I access eFundi?
Enter efundi.nwu.ac.za in your browser. The eFundi login page will appear. In the Username field, type in your NWU student number. Next, enter your password to log in.
How do I change my nwu eFundi email?
1. On the eFundi Landing page (BEFORE you click on the login link)
select “Change/update Contact info: (eMail, Cellphone number)”
2. Sign in using your student number and NWU password (the same you use to sign in to eFundi)
3. Check that your contact information is correct. If needed, change/update any of the information and then click the “Submit” button.
4. It can take up to 48 hours for the change to take effect.
What is eFundi?
eFundi is the NWU’s learning management system. A learning and teaching platform that connects registered students and lecturers online. eFundi also serves as a communication platform on which lecturers make course announcements or post-test results.