Coronavirus Cases In Ghana Rise To 19 in total number.
Each and everyday, news break as we hear a lot of more updates and Ghana too is not exceptional as today’s update is solely about the pandemic coronavirus outbreak and the rise in number in the country Ghana so far.
There’s now a total of 19 confirmed cases of the coronavirus disease reported by the Ghana Health Service so far in Ghana — from Friday’s 16 cases to now 19.
We might not know whether this can be the total number of confirmed cases or there is still a counting on-going as Dr. Patrick Kuma-Aboagye, Director General of the Ghana Health Service (GHS), confirmed the new development on live radio in Accra and indicating that the confirmed cases of the coronavirus outbreak in Ghana could be higher than the total number of 19.
On Joy FM’s Newsfile programme, He however informed his host, Samson Lardi Anyenini, that details of the latest confirmation, apart from they being imported cases, are still being processed.
In the sub-region and particularly Ghana’s immediate neighbours, only Nigeria appears to have stemmed the spread, maintaining its confirmed cases at 12. Togo has 9 cases, Burkina Faso 40 with one death, Cote d’Ivoire at 9 and Benin at 2.
The global situation relative to deaths continue to rise, with the toll as at 10AM Saturday at from Friday morning’s 10,048.
Details from the Ghana Health Service’s website confirmed the latest development.
According to the GHS, the three cases were confirmed on Friday March 20, 2020.
The GHS said two of the cases were reported from Greater Accra Region and one from Ashanti Region.
The carriers includes a 55-year-old Ghanaian woman; resident of the UK who returned to Ghana within two weeks.
The second victim is an 84-year-old Ghanaian woman who is a resident of the United Kingdom but came back to Ghana within the past two weeks and a 27-year-old Chinese man who came to Ghana
“This brings to a total of nineteen (19) confirmed cases in Ghana, with no death. Contact tracing has started in all these confirmed cases”.
Per confirmed information from the Graphic.com.gh, we have more details about the confirmed cases for you to read and kindly check them below;
Below is a copy of the update from the Ghana Health Service (GHS):
Confirmed Cases Of COVID-19 In Ghana Rises To Nineteen (19) As At 21 March 2020 – 09:40GMT
Three (3) new COVID-19 cases confirmed on the 20th March 2020. Two were reported from Greater Accra Region and one from Ashanti Region.
1. 55-year-old Ghanaian woman; resident of the UK; returned to Ghana within two weeks; sample confirmed positive in the laboratory
2. 84-year-old Ghanaian lady resident of the United Kingdom; came back to Ghana within the past two (2) weeks; developed symptoms and sample confirmed positive in the laboratory
3. 27-year-old Chinese male; returned to Ghana (Ashanti Region) in the past two weeks; developed symptoms and sample confirmed positive in the laboratory.
Thus, as we confirmed a total number of nineteen (19) cases so far, there’s no death as the health service is doing anything possible best to stop the spread of the pandemic coronavirus disease.
- Kenny Rogers Dead: Music Legend And Islands In The Stream Singer Passes Away Aged 81
- They Will Create the virus, pretend and sell the antidotes | Muammar Gaddafi
- Country lovers in Africa mourn legend Kenny Rogers.
- New study shows Type-A blood people MORE prone to coronavirus.
- Ghana legalizes cannabis for health and industrial purposes.
Vital Gist is your source for entertainment and information, news and gossip and we urge you to share this post to spread across all social media channels.