Choosing the Best Toyota Sienna Car Insurance
The Toyota Sienna is a great vehicle for road trips and transporting the whole family. Here’s what you need to know about insuring your Sienna.
How Much Does It Cost to Insure a Toyota Sienna?
The average cost to insure a Toyota Sienna is $1,668 per year or $139 per month, which is $10 more than the average vehicle. How much you pay to insure your Sienna can depend on factors like the year, trim, your age, where you live, and your driving habits. Here are some potential costs to insure a 2022 Sienna depending on age and driving habits:
- Discounted plan for 40-year-old driver: $1,316 per year
- Higher deductibles for 40-year-old driver: $1,342 per year
- Lower deductibles for 40-year-old driver: $2,064 per year
- 40-year-old driver with at-fault accidents: $2,242 per year
- Safe 20-year-old driver: $3,160 per year
- Unsafe 30-year-old driver: $3,608 per year
Toyota Sienna Insurance Comparison
When purchasing insurance for your Sienna, it’s important to compare rates from different companies to ensure you’re getting the best offer. There are many local and national insurance companies that offer insurance for Toyota vehicles. Here are some insurance companies and how much they may charge to insure a 2020 Sienna:
- Progressive: $1,547 per year
- Plymouth Rock Insurance: $1,545 per year
- American Family: $1,518 per year
- GEICO: $1,479 per year
- Tennessee Farmers: $1,314 per year
- 21st Century: $1,240 per year
- Vermont Mutual: $1,194 per year
- Nationwide: $1,172 per year
- Allied: $799 per year
Which Sienna Is the Most Affordable To Insure?
If you’re considering purchasing a Toyota Sienna, paying attention to the trim may help you save some money on insurance costs. Some Sienna trims are more affordable to insure than others. For example, the LE two-wheel-drive trim is the most affordable to insure at $1,490 per year. Here are some 2022 Toyota Sienna trims and how much it may cost to insure them:
- Platinum all-wheel drive: $1,676 per year
- Platinum two-wheel drive: $1,628 per year
- Limited all-wheel drive: $1,622 per year
- Limited two-wheel drive: $1,616 per year
- Woodland Edition all-wheel drive: $1,600 per year
- XSE all-wheel drive: $1,592 per year
- XSE two-wheel drive: $1,582 per year
- XLE all-wheel drive: $1,556 per year
- XLE two-wheel drive: $1,550 per year
- LE all-wheel drive: $1,536 per year
- LE two-wheel drive: $1,490 per year
How to Get More Affordable Sienna Insurance
If you want to balance your auto costs, lowering your insurance can be a great way to do so. One way to lower the insurance for your Sienna is to communicate with insurance specialists and learn if they offer any discounts for special groups. You may qualify for discounts based on your age, education status, and behavior. Here are some discounts to inquire about to lower your insurance:
- Bundling: Bundling is when you purchase several insurance plans from the same company. For example, if you purchase both an auto insurance plan for your Sienna and a renter’s insurance plan for your apartment, you may experience savings.
- Safe driving: When you use a device that can track your driving habits, you may qualify for safe driving discounts. Some companies offer this insurance through built-in software, while others send you a device to install in your vehicle.
- Senior: Insurance companies may offer discounts for Sienna drivers over a certain age. For example, some companies may set the age for senior drivers at 50 years.
- Student: Some insurance companies offer discounts for those who are in school and maintain a certain level of grades. For example, a company may offer you a discount if you maintain a B average in college.
Though you can get many discounts on your driving style or current situation, you can also receive discounts for features the Sienna offers. Here are some Sienna features that may help you save on car insurance:
- Anti-theft: An anti-theft system is one that protects your car when you’re not around. This may include cameras, an alarm system, and advanced locks.
- Passive restraint: Passive restraints, like airbags, can make a vehicle safer during a collision. If your Sienna has enough passive restraints, it may qualify for an insurance discount.
- Anti-lock braking: Anti-lock brakes keep your car from freezing during important braking situations. If your Sienna has this feature, insurance companies may lower your plan price.
Are Other Minivans More Affordable for Insurance?
The Sienna is not your only choice when it comes to minivans. There are other options, like the Honda Odyssey, Chrysler Pacifica, and Kia Carnival. If you’re trying to choose a minivan that can help you save on insurance, a minivan other than the Sienna may be a better option for you, as it ranks last among the vans listed here in affordability. The Kia Carnival comes in at only $2 cheaper, so if you’re choosing between these two vehicles, it may be beneficial to choose based on features because the insurance pricing is so close.
How Location Affects Sienna Insurance Pricing
Where you live can influence how much it costs to insure your Sienna. Typically, living in a city may cost more than living in a remote area, as there may be a higher chance of theft, vandalism, or collisions. Here are some locations and how much it costs to insure a Sienna in each:
- Chicago, Illinois: $1,738 per year
- Columbus, Ohio: $1,202 per year
- Dallas, Texas: $1,706 per year
- Los Angeles, California: $2,648 per year
- New York City, New York: $3,016 per year
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania: $2,662 per year
- Phoenix, Arizona: $1,834 per year
- San Francisco, California: $2,276 per year
Other Factors That Affect Sienna Insurance Pricing
When an insurance company provides you with a quote for your package, it considers many factors, including your age, gender, accidents, tickets, and driving habits. The deductibles you choose can also raise or lower the amount you pay each month for your Sienna insurance. Understanding each component of your insurance quote can help you find the price you want.
The Toyota Sienna can be an affordable vehicle for families. If you have a Sienna or you’re planning on buying one, consider every factor that goes into your insurance package to be sure it offers you the coverage you want at the price that’s right for you.